Portobello Mushroom Pizzas
I love to experiment with dinners and try new things. But, let’s be honest, most nights I just don’t have time for anything too extravagant. And, with school back in session, I know families need something quick, easy and nutritious to throw together after a long day of pickups and dropoffs.
These little Portobello Mushroom Pizzas tick all of my dinner requirement boxes. They are easy, they are delicious and they are pretty healthy! An added bonus, everyone can have it however they like. I make the traditional margarita style pizza with cheese and basil (that might be the Italian in me). However, if you want to, you can add as many toppings as your heart desires.
Since I have already mentioned that I like this dinner because it is quick, I use jarred Pizza Sauce. Personally, Rao’s Pizza Sauce is my favorite. It comes in the perfect sized jar and it is absolutely divine tasting!
Of course, Mozzarella Cheese is my go to as somebody that was raised by a very Italian mother. Again, in the spirit of being a quick and easy dinner, I opt for the shredded mozzarella.
As for the Portobello Mushrooms and the fresh Basil, Fresh Gen has you covered!
Okay, enough of the chit-chat. Here’s the super easy recipe. Let me know if you try it!
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Portobello Mushrooms
¼ cup Pizza Sauce
¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Toppings: fresh basil, other toppings as desired
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and place them stem-side down on a baking sheet. Brush the mushroom caps with olive oil, italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt.
- Place the mushrooms in the oven and roast the mushrooms for 10 minutes, or until tender. When you remove the roasted mushrooms, make sure to drain any excess liquid to prevent them from getting too soggy.
- Turn the Mushrooms over, so they are stem-side up, and add pizza sauce, mozzarella, fresh basil, and any other desired toppings. Bake for about 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Enjoy while the dish is hot and fresh!